Thursday, July 7, 2011

Reunion Weekend

I don't get a chance to see my kids asleep. We live in this old house and the stairs and doors are so squeaky and creaky that there is no sneaking up to peek on these precious little girls. It's nice when we aren't at home in a place that doesn't have creaky doors or squeaky floors that I can see these babes sleep. I can't resist taking out the camera and taking some photos (sans flash). 




We traveled up to the Grand Forks area for a Sletten family reunion. Luckily while we were in town we got to see some Menge family too in town from Phoenix. So good to see you Warren, Cheryl, and girls. We took a walk to the park following pizza for dinner.








This girls loves to drink water. I can't even have any at dinner time because she screams points and yells "wa wa"! Then I have to sit and help her drink out of the bottle or glass that I have. It's almost annoying. It's like she's obsessed. I don't have to struggle to get enough water in her though. She'll chug it. 
A LOT of it.

Saturday was the reunion in Larrimore. We realized that there is another Maren Sletten. Here she is with our Maren. Two beautiful blondes. The little guy is Magnus, her son.

Maren took a liking to this shy little guy. How cute!

Apparently pools are fun even when they're empty.


But more so when they're full.

It was a beautiful day to be outside, peruse the museum, and enjoy the games planned with by the committee. 





We arrived around 11am and were really pushing Lilly's 12:45pm nap time when we left a little after 3pm. Before we packed up we got a pick of me and the girls with Matt's, ah, stem mom?... Anna.

Back home Maren and Lillian took a nap. Matt came home later with the spoils of our adventure. We picked up some great stuff at the silent auction and Maren won a container of peanut M&Ms by guessing the right number of M&Ms inside. 
Her guess, "all of them." 
She was right! 

Lilly loving the puppy, Lars. He's a gentle giant.

Maren was more than willing to share her M&Ms with everyone (nice, I'm not sure I'd have shared).



mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment