Friday, July 29, 2011

More spoils

I SFG (Square Foot Garden). Thanks to this great book I got as a gift from my mom I have managed to cultivate a wonderful garden in a very small amount of space that yeilds amazing amount. It's been great! Anyone who thinks they don't have a good spot for a garden or not enough space for a garden - check it out! I've really enjoyed it.
I'll try to take a pic to post of it too.
For now-
the harvest has begun.
The purple stuff, it's cauliflower. Yeah, I know! When picking plants I decided I didn't want something I could just go buy at the store or farmer's market.
So I picked the purple cauliflower. It tasted like a cross between cabbage and cauliflower. Fun!

And below, our first batch of garlic, jalapeno pickles. Even the dill was straight from the garden. (Not the garlic though. I haven't figured that one out yet). 

No comments:

Post a Comment