Friday, July 15, 2011

Hermit Crabs

Maren earned hermit crabs on her last sticker chart. She had wanted a chameleon, thanks to Disney's Tangled, but when I found out they are not social, they are very expensive, and I'd have to feed it live crickets we nixed that fast. We got her convinced she wanted hermit crabs. On Father's Day she got to go pick them out. They have been great. Maren loves them! She takes them out twice a day and Lilly is now quite enamored. Here is a video of 'em


 We have three. Spot, the smallest, Pinchie, he's medium sized (and does pinch) and Spanky the biggest. I picked up a lot of stuff for them on craigslist so we've had minimum investment. I would highly recommend hermit crabs as an aquarium pet for kids. They're pretty easy and even Matt and I enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment