Sunday, August 28, 2011

That SFG










I have three six by 2 foot boxes with enough space in between for the lawn mower to pass. It's a small amount of work for a large amount of harvest.




It's a bit out of control. Mostly the tomato plant. Yes, plant. Singular. We only put in one tomato plant since I am pretty much the only one in the house who will eat tomato (besides the dog) but it is out of control.
I really enjoy putting the fruits and veggies to good use so today the girls had home grown watermelon for a snack. Previously I made a sauce I always liked for pasta from my days at Ciatti's.














Matt has made three more batches of pickles, all jalapeno garlic dills. He tries a little something different each time. This time, soaking the cukes in ice cold water then adding alum to the brine. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment