Thursday, August 4, 2011

Muddy Buddies

A day with these two is never boring. Today proves to be no different. Arriving home at 5:45pm from a visit to Gramma and Grampa's house I told the girls to play outside (it was such a nice day!). Maren announced she was going to dig for worms. I immediately said, "no, that's not a good idea." Upon further thought I decided if that's what she wanted to do I wasn't going to stop her. Lillian went directly to the empty pool. It was empty but still had a bit of water in it. Enough to get her wet and happy. Maren went to check on her while I was running in and out unpacking the car and starting dinner. I came out and Maren announced that Lilly pooped and it was all over. Really? That's my girl. Sure enough. Lilly has poop coming up her back. I decided to change her right outside and not to really change her at all but to just clean her up and send her on her way. Maren went back to digging for worms. Lillian followed. Have I mentioned she wants to do WHATEVER her sister does. Dad came home. The dog went out. I went out and Maren announced that the dog peed and Lilly was playing in it. Yep, the dog peed right where the kids were playing in the dirt and Lilly was busily making it into mud. I jumped for the hose so it would be watered down pee which just made more mud. I NEVER thought I'd just let my kids play in the mud. I took the remaining clothes off Lilly and ended up stripping Maren down too to save the clothes. Since I don't plan on ever letting this happen again I took photos to document the occasion. Enjoy!








I tried to wash the mud off a bit in the pool. Mostly it just made more mud. They ended up straight into the bath before dinner.


 Once you let go of how muddy they're getting it's easy to sit back and enjoy making the memories. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment