Sunday, August 28, 2011

Breezy Point; Day 1

I didn't have to work Wednesday or Thursday and it was Mom and Dad's week at Breezy Point (20 miles north of Brainerd) so I drove the girls up for two nights of vacationing fun with Gram and Gramps.


After we unpacked the guys were still out golfing so us gals hit the park. They have an awesome city park nearby that we go to every year. We had wonderful weather and the girls took right to the jungle gyms.


This young boy in the picture was so happy to see us stroll up. He's about as shy as my two.

I really like these next two pictures because I have ones just like them of Maren doing the same thing and the same park from 2 years ago:


Maren would swing all day almost. She just loves underdog pushes and she's learning to pump her legs.

 Lilly's love affair with swinging is short lived. 

This is the biggest steepest slid around and Maren braved it! No surprise there I guess.

Lilly loves to climb and she'll tell you, "climb, climb climb." She also really likes those bridges that are hinged so they move when you walk across them but she's a bit small for them so she needs help and says. "hold on" which means, hold my hands and walk me across this thing.


The girls then got into hunting for acorns with Gramma and Great Aunt Debbie. They made quite the collection. Maren is into collecting.





 Gramma saved one of my favorite books from my childhood "Little Miss Suzy" who is a squirrel who has acorn cups. I read it to Maren and she wanted to make acorn tea cups which somehow turned into acorn juice. Gramma made her some juice the next day with the collection of acorns and we called it acorn juice (it was just green tea).

Then back to jungle gyming it. Distractions only keep kids occupied for so long.

The park was followed by dinner at the Commander, a pizza restaurant nearby with Great Uncle Dave and Papa. When I walked in I thought it was way to quiet to be the right place because I had run to the cabin to get milk and a bib for Lilly and when I arrived it was silent. No place where my kids are is silent. Sure enough, they were in the corner amazed by the race car video game.

After Lilly went to bed Gramma, Maren and I took a walk down by the lake. We were stopped by a nice woman who didn't want popsicles to go to waste by melting on her drive home the next morning so she gave them to Maren.

Luckily she's good at sharing. Plus we found some other kids to give the other ones too and made some fast friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment