Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tumble Together

We enrolled Maren in community education gymnastics for 2 and 3 year olds called Tumble Together. It's been Saturday mornings for the last 8 weeks (although we missed week one and took a sick day one other time). We're there before 9am just Maren and me. Last class was this weekend and Dad came too. He took pictures - for the scrap book of course. Before class starts she runs around the common area outside the field house with the other kiddies.
This type of setting is not Maren's strong suit. It involves two circle times to stretch and that is not her thing. She is very active and lets face it - stretching requires sitting still. She enjoys the circuit of tumbling but gets bored with that too. It's a challenge for me to get her to participate.



We did it though. All 6 times. Only twice did I end in tears and twice there were time outs and threats to leave but we made it. Why do I even bother, Matt asks. I don't know I guess. This is something the other kids in class can manage so I will continue to enroll Maren in hopes that school will be a lot less of a shock by the time she gets there - and God help me, it better come quick.

(Lilly got to come too since Dad was there)

No comments:

Post a Comment